Does a fast-mimicking diet give you the same benefits as a 5-day water fast?
How important is periodic fasting – also known as prolonged fasting – to your health? What is the best length of an intermittent fast?
In this episode of The Joe Cohen Show, we dive deep into the world of fasting with our guest Dr. Joseph Antoun from L-Nutra, the pioneering company behind the revolutionary fast-mimicking diet.
We discuss the science and mechanisms behind the fast-mimicking diet, exploring how it allows you to consume food and trick your body into thinking it’s fasting!
Dr. Antoun also shares his thoughts on the best time to stop eating, how long your intermittent fast should be, and how these practices can improve your longevity.
Dr. Joseph Antoun is the CEO & Chairman of the Board of L-Nutra and Member of the Forbes Business Development Council. He’s the former CEO of Health Systems Reform, a boutique consultancy aimed at improving public health by reforming health systems, management, and delivery.
Socials & Websites:
• SelfDecode: https://bit.ly/3ojw5rR
• The Joe Cohen Show: https://thejoecohenshow.com/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrbiohacker/
• TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thejoecohenshow
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/thejoecohenshow
Dr. Joseph Antoun:
• Website: https://l-nutra.com/
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-antoun-b20ab5a/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/lnutraofficial
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LNutra/
(0:00) – Introduction
(1:48) – Longevity and fasting
(7:10) – Fasting by nourishment vs. deprivation
(13:06) – Periodic fasting vs. intermittent fasting
(15:41) – Eating while fasting
(21:37) – The structure of a fast mimicking diet
(25:03) – Mimicking an intermittent fast
(25:43) – The mechanisms behind fasting