What are some steps that you can take to boost your immune system so that you can stop getting sick? What if you just started feeling some symptoms, are there specific supplements that will stop the sickness dead in its tracks?
Dr. Chris Masterjohn is back on the podcast to outline his Ultimate Cold Prevention Protocol! In this episode, Chris and Joe go through all of Chris’ prevention protocol – starting with what to do to strengthen your immune system, to your action plan when you first experience the “suspicious sneeze”, to what different vitamins and minerals you should focus on when you’ve been infected.
Chris also discusses the importance of understanding scientific studies (it’s more than just looking at charts), the difference between focusing on deficiencies vs. optimization, and his thoughts on alternative health tests like organic acids and dutch tests.
Chris Masterjohn served as Assistant Professor of Health and Nutrition Sciences at Brooklyn College, part of the City University of New York. In the fall of 2016, he made the decision to leave academia and pursue independent research, consulting, working on information products, collaborating on information and technology products, and producing tons of free content to help people gain better health.
Socials & Websites:
• SelfDecode: https://bit.ly/3YjuY7V
• The Joe Cohen Show: https://thejoecohenshow.com/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrbiohacker/
• TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thejoecohenshow
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/thejoecohenshow
• Website: https://chrismasterjohnphd.substack.com/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chrismasterjohn/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChrisMasterjohn
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chrismasterjohn/
(0:00) – Introduction
(1:00) – Chris’ thoughts on functional tests
(23:52) – Deficiency vs. Optimization
(29:30) – The immune system
(35:34) – The cold prevention protocol
(41:58) – The importance of understanding studies
(44:53) – Explaining Vitamin D
(48:59) – Continuing the cold prevention protocol
(56:07) – Nutrients for immunity
(01:07:00) – Glutathione