Why are there so many different versions of the same supplement? Is it all just a marketing ploy, or do they all have different effects on your health?
In this episode, Emiel Bakker from Nootropics Depot comes on to dive into the complex world of dietary supplements, where not all products are created equal. He gives us an inside look at the science behind developing a supplement, from deciding on an extraction method to choosing between a fruiting body vs. mycelium.
We uncover the nuanced factors that influence the efficacy and effects of some popular supplements, including:
– Lions Mane: How can different extraction methods affect its cognitive benefits?
– Bacopa: How to navigate its varieties for optimal memory enhancement.
– Saffron: Its antidepressant effects and the factors that contribute to its potency.
– Ubiquinol vs CoQ10: The dynamic duo of cellular energy—what’s the difference and why does it matter?
Emiel Bakker is the product specialist at Nootropics Depot and Natrium Health, a company specializing in creating the best nootropic powders and capsules online. They offer pure nootropics and dietary supplements at the best prices.
Socials & Websites:
• SelfDecode: https://bit.ly/3RazsNF
• The Joe Cohen Show: https://thejoecohenshow.com/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrbiohacker/
• TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thejoecohenshow
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/thejoecohenshow
• Website: https://nootropicsdepot.com/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prettychill_nd/
(0:00) – Intro
(2:07) – Different variations of the same supplement
(17:21) – Erinacine A and Lion’s Mane
(19:57) – Pregnenolone
(26:51) – Tetrahydromagnolol and Magnolia Bark
(40:36) – How SelfDecode helps you understand supplements
(42:29) – Bacopa for Serotonin
(57:58) – Different effects of Maca
(1:09:28) – Oroxylin A and effects on cognition
(1:13:53) – Effects of Saffron
(1:20:28) – How many supplements do you take a day?
(1:22:33) – Ubiquinol vs CoQ10
(1:24:29) – Licorice Extract